The Only Dedicated Integrated Chemical Sourcing and Spend Management Solution
Powerful Tools to Manage Risk and Provide Inventory Visibility & Efficiency
Chemical management is crucial to pharmaceutical and life science organizations. These materials are the backbone of critical research, fueling the engine of discovery. Their flow from suppliers to individual labs should be seamless to maintain the rapid pace of research and development. Hundreds of labs across the world have selected JAGGAER’s unique, integrated solution to source chemicals and manage and them through their entire lifecycle.
JAGGAER provides the only enterprise-ready chemical inventory lifecycle management solution designed specifically for the efficient processing of reagents. Locating the chemicals needed, when they’re needed, through an intuitive, easy to use platform powered by the industry’s first triple-federated search, allows researchers to make better decisions, faster—and at the optimal price point.
The chemicals necessary to the innovation of new, life-saving drugs can pose health, environmental, and security risks, and are highly regulated. JAGGAER allows organizations to gain visibility into the acquisition, tracking, reporting and disposal of chemicals and ensures they are compliant with applicable regulations, certifications, and purchasing limits. With the robust capabilities of this toolset, it’s no surprise eight of the top 10 global life science companies trust JAGGAER with the procurement and management of materials and building blocks, key to their groundbreaking discoveries.
A large Life Sciences company needed a solution to empower its 65,000+ employees to take advantage of cost savings and efficiencies in their purchasing activities. There was no ability for the organization to assure that large, global contract discounts were being taken advantage of on a regional level, because an easy, searchable set of catalogs did not exist. Users missed out on the cost savings from preferred vendors, and suffered through an inefficient ordering process that collectively eroded productivity and profitability.
The Company needed a solution that would play nicely with existing technology investments and seamlessly integrate with SAP in over 15 countries. With annual company revenues near $25 billion, this was no small feat.
Help arrived in the form of JAGGAER’s ERM and Spend Director Life Sciences bundled solutions, which the Company integrated with SAP in North American, European, Asian, and Australian locations. In less than 90 days, JAGGAER helped the Company develop over 100 supplier catalogs replete with company-negotiated pricing for more than a million items. The Company was able to control more than 95 percent of spend with the solution, and increased contract compliance by 50 percent—all within the first year. JAGGAER helped track and manage inventory and provided built-in compliance checks, leading to further efficiency and lower risk. Combined, these solutions led to an ROI upwards of 100 percent in the first year.
“We’ve been using JAGGAER’s business automation solutions for years, and the Enterprise Reagent Manager adds another critical layer of efficiency and automation. The compounds we develop require near-immediate access to appropriate supplies and materials. ERM facilitates that access.”
What Sets Us Apart
JAGGAER’s Life Sciences Suite of solutions helps our customers bring their breakthroughs to market faster, optimizing the process of sourcing, contracting, purchasing, and managing chemicals while ensuring that health and safety regulations are met.
JAGGAER sets the standard for Life Science and Pharmaceutical organizations, with a fully automated chemical inventory management solution bundle that manages workflow for requisitioning, approving, receiving, and reconciling research materials.
Enterprise Reagent Manager (ERM) is the industry’s leading chemical inventory management solution, used by 8 of the top 10 global Pharmaceutical companies—with 100 percent customer renewals.
ERM allows organizations to:
- Find, source, and track materials throughout their lifecycle in an intuitive, tile-based UI. A triple-federated search—the first and only of its kind—allows users to search by supplier, chemical structure, or description, across internal inventory, libraries, web services, commercial databases, supplier catalogs, and negotiated preferred pricing.
- Optimize chemical inventory use and manage the risk of using hazardous materials.
- Reduce operational and reporting time, as requests are routed directly to fulfillment or purchasing and data is integrated automatically, reducing the chance of errors.
- Promote regulatory compliance with built-in checks on certifications, purchase limits, and proper handling of chemicals.
- Realize a complete return on investment within one year, on average.
Spend Director integrates with ERM to create a powerful tool to manage chemicals from sourcing all the way to disposal.
Features of Spend Director include:
- Visibility into real-time product availability—both with suppliers and local inventory.
- An intuitive shopping environment, with thousands of active supplier integrations available, in a dynamic and responsive interface.
- Organizations can influence buying decisions and improve spend management across the whole company.
- Compliance built into the process of acquiring materials, with automated audit trails.
- Contract compliance that enables buying against contracts to save time and money.
The solutions of JAGGAER’S Life Sciences Suite together manage and track all steps of the process from purchase to disposal, all to help organizations meet compliance and improve automation and lab efficiency without impeding the crucial research work being done.
The Solution Suite
Life Science organizations utilizing JAGGAER’s ERM and Spend Director bundled solutions have saved time on sourcing, acquisition, and compliance activities for their needed chemicals. The net results from these chemical lifecycle management tools include:
- 100%+ return on investment within the first year
- 90%+ of spend under management
- 50% or more increase in contract compliance
- Over 1 million items with company-negotiated pricing made available in searchable supplier catalogs
Allergan Maximizes Contract Management Savings
Achieve Sustainable Management of Research Chemicals – A Guide to Critical Capabilities
2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Strategic Sourcing Application Suites
Contact Us Today
Fill out the form below, and one of our solution experts will be happy to help you.