JAGGAER’s Enhanced Category Management Creates New Levels of Efficiency Through Automation to Future-Proof Enterprise Spend Management
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC – May 2, 2019: JAGGAER, the world’s largest independent spend management company, today announces the phased release of enhanced Category Management on the JAGGAER ONE platform, designed to bring new levels of efficiency, visibility and control to spend through automation, translating into savings and value creation for the enterprise. The new enhancements are being developed to hedge the enterprise against fragmentation or consolidation in multiple industries and will appear in JAGGAER’s 19.1 and 19.2 releases this year.
“Enhanced Category Management was driven by one critical question: where are different industries headed in the next 5 to 10 years? Supply chains differ depending on the industry and the business drivers. Some are consolidating, and some are fragmenting, creating different needs. Supplier segmentation and category strategy dimensions are critical to the success of procurement execution, where consolidation is the way of future. Further fragmentation and tail spend requires a different model and optimization strategy, leveraging automation and sensor innovations. We provide the ability to manage and process multiple pools of data and apply this data against a business strategy, at the right time and with the right suppliers, preparing any industry for the future,” says Zia Zahiri, CTO of JAGGAER.
Efficient category management is based on an enterprise strategy that enables organization resources to focus on specific clusters of spend, utilizing market analysis and data to drive spend in the most efficient, opportunistic manner, leveraging multiple variables. JAGGAER’s enhancements bring automation to activities based on identified strategies that diminish the burden of buyer manual assessment, the bane of traditional category management. The enhancements were developed with input from JAGGAER customers in the retail, consumer packaged goods, manufacturing and healthcare industries, including one of the largest manufacturers in the world.
JAGGAER ONE Enhanced Category Management selected features:
- – Increase overall automation of activities to align with buying strategies.
- – Link category strategies to projects to allow buyers to easily access and review the strategies driving the project needs.
- – Addition of “responsible person,” by activity, to allow closer monitoring of strategy–based actions.
- – Addition of category news widget to allow category–based review of external trending.
- – Gantt view for activities progress to simplify visualization of activity progress.
- – Calendar view for activities across all category strategies to assist higher level category managers.
- – Utilization of supplier portfolio in implementation and methods to simplify association of suppliers to specific activities.
- – Collect demand forecast to allow more “in tool” management of all category activities.
About JAGGAER: Procurement Simplified
JAGGAER is the world’s largest independent spend management company, with over 2000 customers connected to a network of 3.7 million suppliers in 70 countries, served by offices located in the Americas, APAC, Asia and EMEA. JAGGAER offers complete SaaS-based Source to Pay eProcurement solutions with advanced Spend Analytics, Sourcing, Supplier Management, Contract Lifecycle Management, Savings Tracking, and intelligent workflow capabilities all on a single platform, JAGGAER ONE. JAGGAER has pioneered spend solutions for over two decades and continues to lead the innovation curve by listening to customers and stakeholders in all industry sectors, public services and academia. Additionally, JAGGAER holds 37 patents – more than any other spend management company.
Visit our newsroom for more press releases from JAGGAER.
JAGGAER Media Contact