JAGGAER Renews Contract with Cancer Research UK
- All Industries
- Life Sciences and Pharma
- Press Release
Research Triangle, NC and London, UK, December 15, 2020 – JAGGAER has announced the renewal of its contract with Cancer Research UK, the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research. The JAGGAER One platform will continue to help Cancer Research UK streamline and improve its sourcing and contract management and manage vital processes in the purchasing function.
To date, managing more than 1,200 contracts, 140 RFIs and 80 RFQs on the JAGGAER One platform has enabled Cancer Research UK to gain visibility and control over its spend, and allow stakeholders, including contributors, evaluators, legal and finance teams to collaborate efficiently and seamlessly.
Cancer Research UK, like most charities, has been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic this year. The charity had to close its shops temporarily and cancel fundraising events including Race for Life. As a result of the pandemic, Cancer Research UK expects to see a decline in its income of £160m this year and £300m over three years.
Effective and efficient sourcing, procurement and supplier management is vital to the charity. Working with JAGGAER will help Cancer Research UK identify potential cost savings and respond with agility to changing needs and new sourcing requirements. This could be across a range of categories that extends from telecoms to the right kind of mud for the charity’s famous Race for Life Pretty Muddy® fundraising events.
Vitor Mariano, procurement category manager at Cancer Research UK, said: “Using the JAGGAER One platform allows us to have procurement systems in place that are efficient and streamlined, can identify cost savings and allow easy collaboration across the organization. This is essential for continuing our charity’s life-saving work to beat cancer. “
“Here at JAGGAER we support Cancer Research UK’s ongoing efforts to beat cancer. We wish them well and are pleased to play a role in helping them continue their life-saving research, ”commented Jim Bureau, CEO JAGGAER.
Should you wish to donate to Cancer Research UK, you can do so here.
About JAGGAER: Procurement Simplified
JAGGAER is the world’s largest independent spend management company, connecting customers to a network of 4 million suppliers in 70 countries, served by offices located in the Americas, APAC, Asia and EMEA. JAGGAER offers end-to-end SaaS-based procurement solutions, including advanced Spend Analytics, Category Management, Supplier Management, Sourcing, Contracts, eProcurement, Invoicing, Supply Chain Management and Inventory Management. These all reside on a single platform, JAGGAER ONE. JAGGAER has pioneered spend solutions for more than two decades and continues to lead the innovation curve by listening to customers and stakeholders in all industry sectors, public services and academia. JAGGAER holds 37 patents – more than any other spend management company.
Corporate Ink for JAGGAER
About Cancer Research UK
- Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research.
- Cancer Research UK’s pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives.
- Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival in the UK double in the last 40 years.
- Today, 2 in 4 people survive their cancer for at least 10 years. Cancer Research UK’s ambition is to accelerate progress so that by 2034, 3 in 4 people will survive their cancer for at least 10 years.
- Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses.
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK’s vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
For further information about Cancer Research UK’s work or to find out how to support the charity, please call 0300 123 1022 or visit www.cruk.org. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
* Main image from Cancer Research UK