There are two primary services aspects related to Spend Radar. The first is an Initial Implementation Project where JAGGAER works with the Client to normalize data and deliver it in a format that can be used for reporting and analysis by the Client.
After this project, JAGGAER also recommends Data Refreshes, which are typically scheduled monthly or quarterly, depending on the needs and requirements of the Client.
JAGGAER’s methodology is based on forming a partnership with the Client and guiding the team through a well-defined solution process, executed by JAGGAER’s Global Professional Services team. JAGGAER employs a phased process for projects.
Project Phase 1: Plan
The Plan Phase includes Project Initiation, Project Planning, Project Governance and Team Alignment, and Data and Taxonomy Consultation. This phase lays the groundwork for the entire Project. During the Project initiation step, the Client and JAGGAER review the Project objectives, assess readiness, and establish both Project governance and the Project team.
The most important part of Project initiation is confirmation of the Client’s business objectives, goals and strategy. These priorities are the metric by which subsequent decisions made during the engagement can be judged. The goal of Project initiation is to ensure that all team members fully understand and buy into these priorities.
As part of the overall Project communication plan, JAGGAER establishes a single point of contact for the Client team to facilitate coordination of actions and plans. The JAGGAER methodology includes a formal communication plan, and acceptance and change control processes, which is reviewed in the kickoff meeting with all participants.
JAGGAER will conduct a project initiation session covering the following:
- Set Project expectations and review scope
- Determine Roles and responsibilities
- Transfer key business information from Client to SciQuest Project Team
- Complete Project plan including project contacts, milestones, and timeline
- Review Extract Template and Requirements
- Data Classification Taxonomy Review
- Review Reporting and Analysis creation
- Discuss training included with the project
Following the project initiation session, JAGGAER will work with the Client to produce the data and finalize the taxonomy. Data must be provided to JAGGAER in one of the formats defined below:
- Delimited extract file written from ERP system/s with all data linkages maintained and validated from client
- All extract files must contain a header row or a header row must be provided within another document
- Text, csv, MS Excel, MS Access, and XML are all acceptable formats for data extracts and lookup tables.
- Data sent as stand-alone lookup/reference tables must maintain unique keys that link back to Spend data
Not Acceptable Formats:
- Data dump tables directly from ERP systems. (This will incur separate charges if SciQuest has to join data from ERP)
- Invalid extract file (ex: comma separated file w/no enclosures (“xxx”) to separate data fields)
- Excel data file with multiple different formats embedded or Excel Report file
- Reports generated directly from ERP system
- PDF, JPEG/scanned document, etc.
Project Phase 2: Configure
Once the data has been loaded into the Spend Radar audit site, the Configure Phase begins. During this phase, JAGGAER consultants will normalize suppliers and classify data using business rules. JAGGAER will work the client iteratively to train the client on the application and continue to define the business rules.
Working sessions are conducted at a regular cadence during this phase and typically last between 30 and 90 minutes depending on the topics being covered. These sessions are designed to provide iterative product education, discuss status and deliverables, review configurations and requirements, and ultimately drive Project completion.
Project Phase 3: Validate
The Validate phase is an opportunity for the Client to review the data classification. JAGGAER and Client will conduct iterative classification audit sessions to validate the results and make necessary modifications. JAGGAER provides guidance and aids for the Client to conduct the validation. As the client provides feedback on the validation, JAGGAER will refine and update the business rules.
During this time, JAGGAER also works with the Client to customize and train on the Reporting and Analysis of Spend Radar.
Once the validation process is complete and approved by the Client, the Client will move into the Refresh project and prepare to go live.
Project Phase 4: Go Live
At this point, JAGGAER will move the data to the production site for the Client to begin their usage of the data for analysis and reporting purposes.
Project Phase 5: Refresh
The refresh project begins when the validation process completes. On-going spend data refresh services will be provided by JAGGAER for the duration of the agreement. The Client will prepare a first refresh data set including data from the original data set end date to the beginning of the refresh cycle. JAGGAER will normalize any new suppliers and ensure that the data is classified. Once complete, the Client will audit the refresh data and request changes or refinements to be completed by JAGGAER. This process will continue to keep the data refreshed in the production environment.
Project Roles and Responsibilities: Client
The table below illustrates the typical roles, responsibilities, and levels of effort for the Client’s Project team members. The actual effort will vary based on final Project scope and release scheduling.
NOTE: Multiple Project resources can be filled by a single individual where skillset and bandwidth allow.