Software Architect – Developer Lead
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical or scientific discipline.
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in organizing own team activities based on available experience and skills and given deadlines
- Proven ability to analyze specific functional and business requirements and to estimate time/resource needs based on team skills and experience
- More than 5 years of experience in autonomous design and development of Web Based applications using Java language in J2EE context. Proven ability to design complex systems in a software product context
- Experience of using Oracle Database to read and write data in a large volume data sets.
- Knowledge of general MVC (model view control) methodologies and technologies. Preferred experience in using Struts and Spring frameworks.
- Experience of advanced graphic components (e.g. Dojo, JQuery, AngularJS). Preferred knowledge on Web Accessibility concepts (WCAG).
- Good ability to read/write/speak technical English (intermediate B1) needed to work in an international global organization.
The role is reporting to the Product Development manager in the Milan office, which is part of the Global Product Development team.
Define product high-level design guidelines and select frameworks and libraries to be adopted. Dedicate part of the time for technologies scouting.
Define technical coding standards for the team, coding best practices, as well as development tools to be used.
Supervise and coordinate the assigned team and collaborate with Product Development manager to evaluate developers’ performance.
Contribute in first person to the development of software, with particular attention to core and critical modules.
Participate to functional discussions with Product Managers and provide estimates required for the evolution of existing functionality and development of new ones.