Senior Software Developer
JAGGAER is the world’s largest independent spend management company, with over 2,000 customers connected to a network of 4 million suppliers in 70 countries, served by offices located in North America, Latin America, throughout Europe, the United Kingdom, Australia, Asia and the Middle East. JAGGAER offers complete SaaS-based Source to Pay eProcurement solutions with advanced Spend Analytics, Sourcing, Supplier Management, Contract Lifecycle Management, Savings Tracking and intelligent workflow capabilities. JAGGAER has pioneered spend solutions for over two decades and continues to lead the innovation curve by listening to customers and analyzing the market. Our solution suites are trusted by the world’s largest manufacturing, education, health care, retail, consumer package goods, logistics, construction, utilities companies and public service organizations. Additionally, JAGGAER holds 37 patents–more than any other spend management company.
Your Main Tasks:
The role is reporting to the Product Development manager in the Milan office, which is part of the Global Product Development team.
- Participate to functional discussions with Product Managers and provide estimates required for the evolution of existing functionality and development of new ones.
- Perform product-based software development, following the safe design guidelines and programming best practices indicated by Architects, in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Build up expert knowledge in various modules and software components as well as in development process and supporting technologies.
- Work independently and can be supported by junior-level developers.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical or scientific discipline.
- Proven ability to analyze specific functional and business requirements and to estimate time/resource needs based on team skills and experience
- More than 5 years of experience in autonomous design and development of Web Based applications using Java language in J2EE context. Proven ability to design complex systems and to manage them throughout the entire life cycle (design, team development, build, deploy on application server, perfective corrective adaptive maintenance).
- Experience of using Oracle Database to read and write data in a large volume data sets.
- Knowledge of general MVC (model view control) methodologies and technologies. Preferred experience in using Struts and Spring frameworks.
- Experience of advanced graphic components (e.g. Dojo, JQuery, AngularJS). Preferred knowledge on Web Accessibility concepts (WCAG).
- Good ability to read/write/speak technical English (intermediate B1) needed to work in an international global organization.
- A positive work environment in a young and motivated team
- Short communication channels and room for your creative ideas
- An international, professional environment with exciting opportunities
- An open-minded and dynamic corporate culture