Location: Milan (Italy)
We are looking for a motivated Product Owner, passionate for business process digitalization, software development and web technologies to join the world’s greatest and independent spend management company that enhances cloud-based business software solutions.
The Product Owner is a member of a highly collaborative Product Development Team which design and develop new software functionalities in the JAGGAER cloud-based product suite.
Role Personal Prerequisites
- More than 3 years of experience in area of Business Requirements analysis for either internal or externalized software system developments or setup. Preferable in the area of Web enabled systems and/or products.
- “Business process and end-user oriented”: ability to translate high-level user requirements into structured use cases and functional specifications; capability to design smart and usable (UX/UI) functionalities identifying him/herself as a platform’s end-users (persona-based approach);
- Multitasking and prioritization skills: ability to work in an agile environment with rapidly changing events but without losing control of priorities, deadlines and important details;
- Strong capability to listen, summarize and present complex information and data in ways that are easy to be understood by all types of audiences;
- Team player: love working with people and collaborating with them to reach collective goals aligned with company strategy;
- Passion for new technologies: love what you do, you go the extra mile, eager to tackle challenges and solve problems, really interested in the technological evolution of web and mobile applications
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field, computer science or equivalent
- Good ability to write/read/speak technical English (intermediate B1) needed to work in an international global organization.
Role Technical Requirements
- More than 3 years of experience as product owner, demand manager, or similar role in business to business applications, preferably in a productized software context
- Experience in Supplier Management processes and supporting tools (eg. SRM, Supplier Qualification, Supplier Performance or similar) is highly preferred
- Experience of use and administration of Enterprise level web applications is preferred
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of collaborative tools such as JIRA and Confluence is preferred
The Product Owner is in charge to deeply understand customers’ business processes and functional requirements, discuss with product software leaders possible design alternatives and configuration options, up to define priorities for each product release.
Important part of the job is to document meaningful requirements and design decisions that will be the main input for software designers and developers of the same team and this will be kept as a live document until developments will be finalized according to an agile methodology.
Product owner is also responsible to communicate across the organization own feature roadmap and contribute to the definition of release notes that will be published at each release internally and externally.
Once the design is coordinate the development effort by communicating the product vision to the team, outline and prioritize the work in the backlog, and communicate progress, road blocks, and overall project value to internal and external stakeholders.
He/she is responsible to deeply understand business processes (and how end-users are using and will use the platform) and maximize the value of the product module of his/her competence for customers at any release cycle. Main responsibilities are:
- Clearly understand most relevant customers and prospects business processes and use-cases to be transformed in new functional requirements and specifications along the agile product development lifecycle;
- Understand different vertical and regional requirements and discuss with product managers the tradeoffs to build a both global and effective solution in the product
- Coordinate and lead product review meetings in collaboration with engineers, UI/UX and QA teams – allocated to product module of competence – in order to quote, plan and monitor activities to meet release objectives and expectations;
- Steadily collect, maintain and prioritize business requirements in the product/module backlog to feed release planning best achieve customers satisfaction and company goals;
- Fully ensure that the product backlog status is visible, transparent, and clear across the entire JAGGAER organization, and shows what the Development Team will work on next.
- Periodically manage internal and cross-countries product working group sessions together with product experts to either share new functionalities previews and even collect feedback about features prioritization;
- Proactively identify possible end-users or performance issues to start, schedule and coordinate risk mitigation and corrective actions activities with Development team and other internal stakeholders;
- Together with other product owners, and with the support of Product Management team, contribute to define the future strategic product roadmap and vision;
- Contribute to respond to product surveys performed by external Business Analyst and product roadmap presentations for top customers;
- Support Documentation Team activities and other release activities for the current release (eg. Release Notes, Video, etc)