Turbulent Times Demand Smarter Supplier Commodity Risk Management
This year’s political changes have shaken up the manufacturing industry and introduced new uncertainties for manufacturers. With possible changes to metal import rules, the potential repeal of the Dodd-Frank conflict minerals rule, and labor force threats from changing visa requirements — manufacturers must be more agile than ever.
All these changes can impact a manufacturer’s direct and indirect spend, as well as its supplier relationships. But the digital transformation taking shape in the industry can enable procurement to adjust more quickly to the unexpected, both now and in the future.
- Optimize supplier management to accommodate new suppliers and streamline complex qualification processes such as PPAP, product testing, and more
- Quickly draw up a model of a company’s parts and bill of materials to identify areas in need of support and glean insight into the negotiation process
- Manage the lifecycle relationship of parts, products, and suppliers
- Leverage best-in-class minerals traceability processes and programs to further enhance CSR initiatives
- Reduce risk and improve agility in the MRO supply chain while more reining in small dollar spend
Pool4Tool is now JAGGAER Direct Solutions