The Three B’s in Truckload Sourcing Best Practices: Better Planning, Better Bidding & Better Decision Making
How often should we take our truckload network to bid? How will we define our lanes, and what level of information is important to carriers? What bidding tactics should we employ, and what are the types of carriers (and proposals) we want to encourage during our sourcing project?
If these are the types of questions making the rounds in your organization, then join us to hear from representatives of Big Heart Pet Brands (makers of Meow Mix®, Kibbles ‘n Bits®, Milk-Bone®, 9Lives®, and other brands), Transplace and JAGGAER, as they provide insights into the planning, bidding and decision making practices that make for more successful transportation sourcing projects.
This webinar will provide transportation buyers with examples of some of the following best practices that lead to more successful transportation sourcing events:
- Robust lane classification during strategy and bid set-up
- Classifying carriers based on the KPIs relevant to your business strategies
- Up-front strategy definition and documentation that drives post-bid evaluations
- Involving stakeholders and decision makers to improve buy-in
- Selling your freight and company to prospective carriers to improve participation